It’s a brand new year; the morning feels welcoming and the sun is up and smiling. Then you suddenly remembered all the exuberance of Christmas and New Year – the sumptuous food, the sparkling champagnes, the gifts, family stories and laughter, and all the glittered mess.
So get up, rinse your holiday hang-over off, and start prepping for a post-holiday clean up.
Post Holiday Cleaning Tip #1: Declutter Your Space
You may find your house still stuffed with holiday decorations, holiday gifts, more food containers than usual, and other unwanted bits and pieces. Lighten up your house load by decluttering these things.
- Keep your holiday decorations in your storage area, or you can also decide to give away some if it appears too much.
- Avoid keeping too much food containers; donate them or put them in a recycling bin for further use.
- Throw away other stuff you don’t need.
New Year means new beginnings and you don’t want to start it with unnecessary clutter.
Post Holiday Cleaning Tip #2: Deep Clean Your Kitchen
Your kitchen has been your willing accomplice during your holiday festivities – it’s where your dishes where prepared, cooked and baked. It’s also the messiest after the holiday merriments have subsided. After all the series of cooking and baking, it’s time to give it a deep clean.
- Take everything out of your refrigerator and clean the insides including the freezer.
- Clean your blenders and mixers.
- Deep clean your oven and dishwasher.
- Give you kitchen sink a thorough cleaning including the under sink area.
- Wipe your kitchen cupboards clean and remove traces of grease and stains.
It can be tough to clean a thoroughly used up kitchen after the holidays, but you can make it easier with EUCA TUFF Pre Mixed Super Strong Multipurpose Cleaner. Designed and formulated to clean all tough parts of the house, it’s also an extremely effective cleaner used in dissolving all kinds of soils, carbon, oils and grease. Did we mention it’s the perfect BBQ grill cleaner?!
Post Holiday Cleaning Tip #3: Clean Your Upholstery and Furniture
Hosting a Christmas or New Year’s Eve Party is good for the soul but the aftermath can drive anyone insane. Your family and your guests have been lounging in your furniture and around the house, which calls for yet another tough series of cleaning.
- Remove any traces of dirt from your upholstery and other fabric furniture. It most likely accumulated different kinds of dirt such as hair bits, stains and crumbs from the holiday party.
- Holidays aren’t complete without a bottle of wine, and some stain. Make sure to spot it clean with a stain remover. You can try our EUCA All Surface Cleaner & Spot Stain Remover to light spray stains present in your fabric interiors.
- Freshen up your living spaces using diluted essential oils.
Post Holiday Cleaning Tip #3: Deep Clean Your Carpets
Same with your upholstery, your carpets also deserve a much needed deep cleaning after taking a beating over the holidays. With lots of people stomping on it with their shoes and pets even, it’s no surprise if you’ll find it in distress. Give it a thorough vacuum, making sure every gap is cleaned up and free from dirt. If it needs to be washed, you may want to take it to a professional carpet cleaning service.
Holidays were sure lots of fun. Everybody was jolly, giddy and maybe even tipsy. However, just like that, it’s all over and it’s time for a fresh start.
We hope these post-holiday cleaning tips can help you start your year right and give your home a better clean throughout the year.
To order our range of natural cleaning products, shop here.