Many laundry detergents have enzymes that are specifically designed to break down other biological molecules. These enzymes remove stains perfectly, but they also break down the molecules in your wool garments. So, if you have to wash your wool items, do it in cold water with no agitation and detergent designed specifically for use with wool-like Euca’s soft wash.
Now more than ever, we thought it might be a useful time to have information close at hand about washing these delicate items.
Make sure you follow the clothing manufacturer’s instruction label because there are so many types and qualities of wool, but there are also some general tips for taking care of woolens:
- Wash sparingly – Wool is a natural fibre that doesn’t absorb stains as easily as clothing made from other fabrics, so it won’t need washing as often. Always try to dab stains away gently rather than being quick to wash a garment.
- Be gentle – If handwashing, try not to scrub/stretch woolen clothing, and if machine washing, use the setting for delicates or woolens. Wash darks and lights separately. It can be particularly difficult to remove colour run from natural fiber fabrics. Turn the garment inside out before you wash it. This will prolong the condition and life of your garment.
- Soak – soak the wool item or garment in cold water before you put it in the machine. This will minimise the danger of agitation causing shrinkage in the machine.
- Dry carefully – Avoid tumble drying wool clothing as this can damage the wool and shrinkage. Don’t hang your woolens to dry in direct sunlight as this may cause them to fade.
- Choose the right laundry product – Euca Soft Wash is perfect for your precious wool items. It’s the best liquid laundry we make and is specifically designed to clean woolens and delicate fabrics and can be used for handwashing, and machine washing in top or front loaders.
Why? Well it does not strip the lanolin from your wool, like other so-called wool washes.
Euca Soft wash makes all your woollens stay soft, fluffy, smell fresh and keeps you warmer for longer.
- Perfect for hand washing delicates
- Specifically made for woollens Blankets and Towels
- All Natural soap blend “Concentrate”
- Sophate and Phosphate Free
- Low allergenic
- Ideal in warm or cold water
- Top and Front loading machines
- Made with Pure Australian Eucalyptus Oil
- Suitable for septic, bio and greywater systems
And of course ….. Euca is 100% Australian Made and owned!