Hi it's us ...
The time has arrived for some spring cleaning! It’s easy to miss a room with so much to do and so little time but be sure to remember your bedroom!
The bedroom is where you go to rest and unwind which is why it is so important to keep this space clean and organised. With these 10 spring cleaning ideas, your entire bedroom will feel clean and revitalized!
It's important to deep clean your bed as it's the main point of your room and the place where you spend a lot of your time! These cleaning ideas may help you make your bed seem fresh and welcoming again in no time, from washing the mattress cover to freshening up the headboard!
- Remove all of the bedding from the bed and run it through the washer. Remember to wash the mattress cover as well! Check the label for washing directions and wash it with Euca Laundry Powder and dry it on low heat.
- Remove any stains from your mattress by vacuuming it and wiping it with Dish Washing Liquid Lemon Myrtle & Tea Tree Concentrate and water. Then vacuum it again after allowing it to sit for several hours to absorb any scents or moisture. Make sure the mattress is clean and fresh by using Euca
- Rotating your mattress might help avoid sagging and spring damage in the long run and helps to avoid wear and tear on one side of the mattress from recurring. You should rotate your mattress at least once or twice a year.
- Clean the headboard and bed frame while you're at it! Wipe away dirt and dust with a microfiber cloth if you have a wooden headboard or frame. Use a brush-tip hose attachment to suck up metal frames. Spot-treat any stains with Euca Natural Pre Wash Stain Remover.
Furniture & Decor
Dressers, nightstands, end tables, vanities, storage benches, and shelves—all of your bedroom furniture might need a good cleaning. Take a few moments to clean each piece of furniture and the decor in your bedroom. You’d be surprised how much dust they can collect!
- Wipe off all surfaces with Glass All Surface Cleaner & Spot Stain Remover, including the interior of the drawers, the top, sides, back, and legs. Vacuum beneath and behind drawers, as well!
- If you have a bookcase or a floating shelf, make sure it's dust-free. Wipe off books and trinkets on shelves, as they can collect just as much dust as shelf surfaces. Using a damp microfiber cloth and Glass All Surface Cleaner & Spot Stain Remover, go from top to bottom.
- Using rubbing alcohol and a cotton pad, pre-treat stubborn filth and smudges. Then, spritz Glass All Surface Cleaner & Spot Stain Remover on your mirror and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth.
Are you ready to revamp your wardrobe for the new year? Now is the time to tidy and clear out your bedroom storage area so you can find the clothes and accessories you need quickly! You may even have an outfit you forgot about hiding in there.
- Do you have a closet stuffed with clothes you don't wear? Limit the number of objects you keep by using the Reverse Hanger Trick or the One In, One Out Rule. Choose a decluttering approach to assist you in cleaning up and getting rid of your closet.
- Examine your closet to determine which stuff you'll keep and which you'll discard. Sort goods into piles for keeping, donating, selling, and tossing. Then, put everything back in the closet and use a closet organization system to find what you need.
- Even in a closed closet, dust can gather on shelves, racks, bins, and baskets. Using a microfiber cleaning cloth, dust your closet shelving and containers. Then, before putting your clothes back in your closet, clean everything with dish soap and warm water.
- If you enjoy switching up your wardrobe with the seasons, now is the time to do it! Cold-weather apparel should be stored in under-the-bed storage bins, on high shelves in your closet, or in another storage area in your home.
- Use hanging or stacking pant organizers, hanging storage bags, or fabric bins to help arrange your freshly cleaned wardrobe. To keep shoes organized and off the floor, consider using a hanging shoe organizer or a shoe rack.
Windows, like anything else in your bedroom, can gather a lot of dirt, dust, and smudges, making the entire space feel cluttered. Bedroom windows will be gleaming clean for spring after a deep clean!
- Take your curtains outside and shake them vigorously to remove any dust particles. Clean the curtain rod with a microfiber cloth before rehanging your clean curtains. It's critical to determine whether or not your curtains can be machine washed or dry cleaned.
- It might be difficult to select which style of blind is appropriate for your room because there are so many options. One of the most effective ways to clean blinds is to wrap a microfiber cloth around the ends of a set of tongs with rubber bands.
- Spray your windows with Glass All Surface Cleaner & Spot Stain Remover and wipe them down with a clean cloth for a streak-free sheen. Vacuuming out dirt, dust, dead bugs, and other debris from window tracks is also a good idea.
Spring is a fantastic time to clean your bedroom light fixtures if you haven't done so in a while. Clean lights, replace bulbs, and more with these spring cleaning suggestions!
- If you have recessed lighting, dust can be removed with a duster on an extension pole. Remove any glass attachments and wash them in warm water with light dish soap. Most glass fixtures can also be cleaned with Glass All Surface Cleaner & Spot Stain Remover.
- Fill a spray bottle with water and vinegar and spritz the solution inside an old pillowcase to clean the ceiling fan. Stand on a ladder and use the inside of a pillowcase to wipe each blade clean until it's clear. Using a wet cloth, wipe away any excess filth from the blade.
- Depending on the material and kind of light fixture, clean your lampshade. Make sure that the base and bulb are all free of grime.
Walls & Doors
You haven't cleaned every surface in your bedroom until the walls have been thoroughly cleaned! Begin by removing everything from the walls, which are considerably dirtier than you might believe.
- Use a microfiber cloth on the end of a long-handled duster to clean your bedroom walls. Any furniture against the wall should be moved or covered so that dust and cobwebs do not fall on it while you clean.
- Cleaning your walls during spring cleaning is vital since it can help prevent cobwebs, dust, and mould from accumulating on the walls. If you have a tough stain, combine a small amount of baking soda with a little water and gently rub it into the stain. If the weather permits, open the windows to aid in the drying of the walls!
- Before you clean your furnace or air conditioner, be sure they are turned off. Clean fixed vent covers using a microfiber cloth; clean hard-to-reach vents with a long-handled duster. On metal vent covers, use a rust remover (if necessary).
- With so many hands touching light switches throughout the year, they can become filthy. To remove filth and grime, simply apply rubbing alcohol to a bristle brush or cotton swab and scrub. After that, wipe them clean with a dry cloth before washing them.
- Wipe bedroom doors and frames from top to bottom with a cleaning rag and a pail of warm, soapy water. After rinsing with a damp towel, dry both the door and the frame with a soft rag after they've been washed.
Visit www.eucaonline.com.au today if you're interested in any of the things we mentioned above to help you prepare your home for the spring season.
Euca is an Australian-owned company that specialises in cleaning, laundry, and personal care products. We employ all-natural, environmentally friendly materials that produce excellent results without the use of harmful chemicals. Today is the day to make the move and take the first step towards a more sustainable you.